Friday 6 January 2012

One year a-leaping!!

What am I grateful for that happened in 2011?

  •  I planned and redecorated all of my room, bought all the furniture and accessories
  •  I spent 11 weeks on placement with Tomorrow's People
  • I met Charlotte online and we grew to be great friends even before finally meeting at Momentum.
  • I became a squaddie adopter with Adopt a British Squaddie. To date I have had 5 soldiers.
  • I spent 2 wonderful weeks in Keswick this summer. A*M*A*Z*I*N*G*
  • I got a job: a job that I am thankful for and that I enjoy. Long may it continue!
 There are other things of note that I want to mention too; events that were significant for me:
  • I met Jenny on my placement and we became very good friends - she now has a baby!
  • I applied for the CRP for the 3rd time and didn't even get an f2f!
  • Mum and I went to the Forces Festival in Amesbury - and broke down on the way back...
  • I spent a lot of periods solidly working; day in, day out. Good for money, bad for soul :-)
And for 2012, I hear you asking/imagining/expecting.... What do I want?

  • I want to still have my job
  • I want enough work and enough free time to be/feel free and happy
  • I want to enjoy my youth
  • I want to see new things and meet new faces
  • I want to be the best I can be at all that I do
Any highlights?

  • Tckets for the Olympics in August!!!
  • Going to Whitby in February and Llandudno in April
 Practically  >
  • I want to be able to commit to a church family
  • I want to sort out my charity giving into regular and organised payments
  • We need to sort out all of our stuff and generally be organised & have routines and motivation to do all sorts of things that I'd like to; go to the gym, not hoard stuff, be tidy to all hopefully contribute to a carefree life :-D
 It won't be perfect but I'm quite looking forward to it: here's to the leap year, the year of 2012!!

1 comment:

Ulysses Gray said...

You seem to have everything well organised! Far more organised than me anyway.

I would love to go to Whitby, big Dracula fan. While you are there, can you make sure you get some photos for me?
- the Bram Stoker Memorial seat
- the view from the seat (maybe panoramic)
- Whitby Abbey
- St. Mary's Church and particularly the graveyard