Tuesday 20 May 2008

The Obsession Grows.....

I dread to think how many blogs I will have completed before I actually go away, but nevertheless here I am again!

As the title suggests, my obsession is growing with all things Disney; spending long hours on relevant Facebook groups, reading my new trivia book and ordering a Vacation Planning DVD to get me some real life footage of the Magic!

I'm working as much as possible at the moment under the proviso that early planning = more time to save up and more money for the trip! :-)

It's official though: I am obsessive. I'm doing lots of research (which if you are sceptical you might call escapism from the week of revision I am facing next week) and it is doing nothing more than exciting me!

You see WDW is more than a theme park (or many theme parks!), its more than the experience of a lifetime (although that's exactly what it is!); its a dream and the product of a dream and a place of dreams. That's where I'm going to go and that's what I am going to be a part of. That thought just makes me want to smile.
Other people's dreams may be to trek through Central America or backpack around Asia or spend a year working and partying in Australia - don't get me wrong, each to their own - but when the day comes that I go to Gatwick having passed my interview and got my visa and planned my travels and saved my money and more than likely spent some of that money on new clothes then that will be the day that my Disney dream comes true.

So now that little rant is over (!) what more can I say? "Goodbye clouds of grey, hello skies of blue" in the words of High School Musical 2. Because that's what it will be.... a whole year of amazingness.....

Thought to end with: Working at Disney is not my only dream, so I wonder if the playing out of one dream will lead to the formulation of another? Maybe I'll have decided on my future by the time 2010 comes around.....

Note to self: really must do some academic work between then and now or I won't be going anywhere..... error!

No comments: