Monday 13 September 2010

Hooray, hooray, its a holi holi day!

HEY! Well I'm up early to finish all my stuff for the big off. Holiday kind of begins today, as I travel to Sarah's, but kind of begins tomorrow when we fly out of Gatwick. Awesome.

So the last few days have been fun and hectic too. Here's a mini run-down:

FRIDAY:
Sarah's Bday. Train to New Malden. Hang out with Sarah and dogs, go to lunch at Prezzo with Sarah, Tom and Georgie. Back to Sarah's for cake and round one of presents. See Tom off to see Muse at Wembley, back to Sarah's for parental presents (including shoe boxes and bic biro), bit of holiday chat, home at 8pm!

SATURDAY:
Day of packing and holiday-related chaos. Day was split between doing all of the random stuff Mum wanted me to do before I clear off for a week and packing. The latter involving me turning my room upside down and emptying half of it into a small suitcase. Making lists, sorting handbags, putting toiletaries into tiny bottles etc

SUNDAY:
Work! Not much to say here. I sell people stuff and occasionally they have a go at me cos I won't give them a refund. Lots of people bought suitcases(!) and I have to bring back a magnet for the fridge in the Staff Room.

MONDAY (today):
Everything supposedly comes together. Ummmm.... Right. The plan is that everything is used, then packed, then I do all the other stuff I need to, then I get the train to Sarah's. Step 1: Get a shower and put some clothes on! Step 2: Get my Mum up! Step 3: Try and cram the rest of it in as quick as poss so I don't miss the train. :-)

TUESDAY (beginning Monday night):
Sarah's house. I arrive mid-afternoon Monday, Tom at tea time. We go to bed really early, to get up at 2am or thereabouts. Leave Sarah's, driven - exceedingly kindly - by her Dad both ways, for Gatwick at around 3.15am. Arrive around 4am. Our flight leaves at 5.55am and we get to Dubrovnik at 9.40am (GMT+1). Whoop!

We've yet to actually decide what we're going to do each day, but we reckon due to the early start, Tuesday would be a good beach day/chill out day/maybe suss out the local area. We're staying in Hotel Petka which is in the Port of Gruz (where all the cruise ships come in) so we may see some pretty cool ships (and lots of tourists?)

Basically its gonna be epic, so as its 9.30am now (we'll be coming in to land this time tomorrow!!!), I'd better get on! See you when I get back! That's Tues 21st btw and I'm over-nighting at Sarah's that night, so I come back to Hastings on the 22nd.
Then we go back up to London on the 24th for the Blitz Experience at Aldwych Tube Station (disused).

That's it for now. Bon voyage!

No comments: