Friday 7 October 2011

Lots of nice things (except the COLD!!)

Hello there all,

It's me again. Welcome to October the month of extremes in the nation's weather, amongst others!

Well we are now on the 7th and it does not feel in any way like it is X amount of days until certain things:

- 22 days until the end of season Halloween party (note to self: must design posters)
- 24 days until my contract finishes at Beauport...  :"-(
- 36 days until Mum and I travel to London to attend the annual Festival of Remembrance at the Royal Albert Hall in the presence to HM The Queen.
- 37 days until the Festival of Remembrance at the White Rock Theatre (I design the programme and sell tickets each year)

Slightly further in the future; it is 18 weeks and 1 day until I go away (hopefully) with Ruth and her 'rents to Whitby for a week.
Beyond that, its less than 24 weeks until Mum and I head to Llandudno for the RBLWS Annual Conference (and some tourism).

This time tomorrow and 1240 miles away, the Malta Military Tatoo kicks off - one year we will get there! Also somewhere marginally warmer than it is in England right now!

Speaking of which: can you believe the weather we had in the last few days? Almost at the 30 C mark and then almost overnight the temperature drops by about 15 C!!! Not helpful, thank you.
Still I did meet the most beautiful handbag today - I really want one for myself! Let's see...
Here it is! The perfect completion to any winter outfit methinks :)
So we'll have to wait and see if I've been good enough to find favour with Santa this year eh? ;-)

I borrowed the Twilight series on DVD from Loz this week and have watched them through a couple of times now. Really love that series and really can't wait to see the new one come out at the cinema soon. Maybe Santa will bring me the boks too!!
I've also recently been reading a series by Jennifer Worth: social histories based around London's East End and the lives of nurses and midwives serving the people there. Tis really good!
Other DVDs I've watched recently: The King's Speech, Tron: Legacy and The Social Network.

Now, I'm glad to have seen all of these 3, but none had the big impact on me that I was expecting. So looking forward then to seeing; POTC:On Stranger Tides, The Smurfs Movie and The Voyage of the Dawn Treader (Narnia) amongst others.

Basically happy days - so long as you don't count being ridiculously busy; working a nearly 50hr week over 6 days, dealing with violently stressy holiday makers and random old people. England played Montenegro this evening and managed a draw (along witht he usual standard of appalling behaviour from Rooney!) and then we face France in the rugby in the morning. Hopefully that match will be played with a great deal more sportsmanship than the football (maybe a better result too???)
Coooome On ENGLAND!!

Right, I'll leave it there peeps. Much love :-)

1 comment:

Ulysses Gray said...

The only impact you will get from On Stranger Tides and the Smurf Movie is the feeling that someone poked you in the eyes. Dawn Treader is pretty good though.

Also - "...Twilight...really love that series". NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!