Friday 26 September 2008

Change of plan for October!!!

Hey!
Well I'm updating again (cynics may say that it's because I currently have naff all to do, but I have news to share - honestly!)

22nd October - Worship Central at Central Hall
23rd October - I have lectures 11am - 1pm and 3pm - 6pm AND I need to travel to London AND the CU's Progressive Supper (moved from the 22nd so we can all go to Worship Central!)
24th October - my f2f in London

So you see, I no longer have to rush around, leave Worship Central early, get to London absurdly late or anything! I do have to miss Progressive Supper (for anyone confused, that's a 3 course meal put on for freshers where they go to a different house for each course and therefore get to know lots of people inthe CU!).
Because I won't be here and Ruth (my housemate) will be out for part of the evening, we've decided it would be a lot easier to pull out :-(

I'm mega relieved because now - although I'll have to miss my 3hour Food and Cooking lecture - I can arrive in London A LOT earlier, possibly even do something and then meet up with other wdwip people!!

I know this is supposed to be a kind of Disney Blog, but unfortunately real life goes on alongside the application process, so I'm reporting it as it happens. Right now, for example, I'm rather peeved because I want to transfer to Argos in Southampton for Christmas (I've worked at Argos in Hastings for 4 years and worked in Southampton last Christmas) and they've told me I have to go for an interview!!!! All the other people I know from home who have transferred to other stores have done so with no problems and have a permanent contract there.... :-/ I'll just have to go to the pointless interview and see what happens.
The main thing of course is that I'll be earning £££££s which convert to $$$$$$$s to be used in Florida! Special.

What else can I say? Not a lot really except to leave you all with the thought for the day (not that I've actually done any thinking...yet):
Don't put off until tomorrow, the smile you can put on today. Bit of a random one I know, but I heard it and liked it and I'll have to keep smiling if I work for the Mouse. Failure to smile = end of the line! Dun-dun-derrrrrrrrrrr.

Ciao for now blogites

No comments: