Friday 21 November 2008

The Waiting List Dwindles.....

Sounds positive doesn't it...... Let me fill you in...

You see, we'd been doing lots of w a i t i n g and when I say lots, I do mean lots. Take me for example, it's now 28 days (so exactly 4 weeks) since my f2f and I've heard absolutely nothing. I'm thinking about e-mailing Yummy Jobs again to check if they actually got my previous e-mails.
So we're doing our waiting on the Waiting List and even have a thread on WDWIP - 'UK Wait List', basically a support group for those of us who can't talk about flights, insurance, Christmas away from home, wages in $ and what they want to see and do in Florida. We were even planning a get together since Kirstie, Chari and I are reasonably close geographically.

AND THEN, THE BOMBSHELL WAS DROPPED...

The Waiting List started moving, some Waitees needed to wait no longer!!!

The first person to get the call was Beth, on the 19th. She starts on the 23rd June as a Merchie! Then Kirstie was called today! She also starts on the 23rd June, but in FnB.
My excitement has literally grown and grown as the Waiting List has shrunk - it gives me lots of encouragement to think that I could be next. It's also making me quite nervous, because I have to have my phone on silent when I'm in lectures etc and I'm worried I'll miss the call.

So that's basically all of the TGI crew except me, I think, that have now been given a start date.... Let's see if I can get a little list going on (thanks to Matt for compiling it first!)

February 3rd

Louisa (DisneyGibbs) - F&B

June 9th

Michelle (mpark90) - F&B
Daz (Dazzlingdaz) - F&B

June 23rd

Beth (theb5) - Merch
Kirstie (Kirbie) - F&B

July 14th

Jess (Disneyjess) - F&B
Jo (*Minnie*) - F&B
Lee (Disney Dude) - F&B

July 28th

Karri (Karritada) - F&B
Matt (MattSource5) - F&B

August 18th

Helen (hen87hels) - F&B

There are more of them obviously, but these are the guys who I have met personally, who were all rooting for each other and who kept each other sane at the f2f (as well as before and after)! Hopefully I'l be joining them very soon and on that day, dear sweet and innocent blog of mine, you had better prepare yourself for an explosion of joy!!!!

What else is there to say at the moment? Well I can't seem to keep away from the Forums or from my e-mails or Facebook cos I need to keep up with all of the breaking news as it breaks!!
The problem IS that as more and more people get the call, I get both more excited and more nervous. Being on tenterhooks is not a nice place to be for a whole month.

Nevertheless, I have had plenty of things to occupy me; essays, presentations, seminar reading, meetings with my tutor re all of the above, dissertation planning and thinking about that rather ominous thing know as THE FUTURE. Unfortunately, the first and foremost aspect of these discussions revolve around employment plans....
Suffice to say that, beyond Disney, I have none! I've never really had any to be honest, but I think the mists are clearing in some areas. Let's hope I get some positive thinking done when my Network Course questionnaires come back from Tom, Ellie, Sarah and Joe.

My worst enemy at the moment - against whom I have no defence - is impatience. Wanting to hear from Yummy (preferably yesterday) and thinking about when I'll hear from Yummy is actually ALWAYS on my mind. I can't help comparing myself to the other girls and trying to see what it is that sets us apart and at the moment there's nothing save availability date and whatever perception they have of us from the interview.

Hopes are high.... :-)
Until the next time I'll leave you, not with a quote, but with these lyrics from High School Musical 3 (which I went to see with my friend Kathryn and really enjoyed) because it's how I feel about my WDWIP buddies, the TGI Crew:
You know how life can be, it changes over night,
It’s sunny then raining, but it’s alright.
A friend like you, always makes it easy,
I know that you’re getting me, every time,
Through every up, through every down,
No matter where life takes us, nothing can break us apart,
I just want to be with you!

1 comment:

Ulysses Gray said...

It's taking too long! I'm almost as impatient with this as you are!