Monday 29 June 2009

Home

I shall simply call this post home, because that's where I am now and forevermore Amen! Ahem. Anyways, its been a pretty hectic few days:
Thursday: Travelled home from Southampton, having packed most of my life in to boxes!
Friday: Chill day but charity quiz in the evening. Won a wooden spoon with the word LOSER on it, for being in the team with the least points!
Saturday: Went to London for the Keswick Training Day and saw Ruth again!
Sunday: Spent all day in the park doing the RBL tombola stall for Armed Forces Day. Absolutely loved and was very moved by the parade. Hope the bloke who fainted doesn't get in too much trouble!
Monday (today): Blog! Sort out my phone issues hopefully...

This month is reasonably full of events and travelling and if I sit back and think, I quite enjoy that side of it. I've always been quite happy to spend the entire summer with my nose in one good book after another, but this summer its all about getting out of the house, meeting new people, doing new things, going to new places and lots more besides.

This blog is no longer really a Disney blog, so I'm considering changing some of the blog furniture as it were. What do you think?

I've been inspired by an Onion to make a list or two:

Things to be excited about this summer!

-KESWICK! 11th-18th July. Doing kids work with the 3-4 year olds! Was truly impressed at the Training Day and can't wait to actually get there and get stuck in.

GRADUATION! 20th July. The entire School of Humanities is graduating on the same day and so I'm so happy I get to see all of my friends again! That's aside the huge excitement of gowns, mortar boards, ceremonies, photographs, degree certificates etc!

MOMENTUM! 22nd-27th August. I love Momentum and it always seems to just have a never ending stream of amazingness to recharge my batteries and get me excited. Chance to see a few friends who aren't otherwise engaged too! (I guessed the dates, don't quote me on them!)

WEDDINGS! 4th July and 29th August. Issac and Becky in Woking, James and Emma in Southampton. Dresses, photographs, presents, dancing etc!

WORK! Continuous. Not generally a thing to be excited over, but it is kind of, because not only am I going back to Argos in July but I also am applying/looking for proper jobs now I am a "proper adult"!

Rant connected to that: WHY do so many people insist that I look like a 12 year old? Or, for that matter, that I AM 12 years old? Cheers lovely people, I know I'll be grateful when I'm 50, but can you please consider what its doing to me NOW?

Anyways; home is me, Mum, 2 dogs who are always standing in the doorway you need to get through and occasionally my Dad, when he drops in and is not working. No-one else has ever set foot in our house aaaannnndddd I don't blame them - its a tip.
On the upside, its summer; the sun is shining, its warm, I don't burn easily, I don't suffer from hayfever and I have no "homework" to think about!

Adios.

No comments: