Wednesday 9 September 2009

The making of James and Emma Marshall

I have to admit I had a little panic when I first heard the date for the wedding, because I thought it clashed with Momentum, but all was well in the end!
So I travelled straight from Momentum on the morning of the 27th, to Soton where I (in my dreams) moved back in to my old house! What I actually did was move in to Ruth's room for a couple of days.

I spent the rest of that day sorting myself out and just chilling out, enjoying sleeping in a bed and having a nice shower (not that the showers at Momentum weren't nice - they were for once!).

Friday, I spent the whole day out on the town, in and around West Quay. Had to visit my old haunts: Primark, Peacocks, New Look, M&S, Fat Face, Freespirit etc and I bought myself a lovely new Roxy purse and a pair of shoes which I then wore to the wedding!
In the evening I painted my nails and then watched a couple of chick flicks to get me in the mood for the happy occasion the following day.

The wedding itself was held at Above Bar Church, so I hopped on the the U6C, which, much to my shock was *free* that day, due to the Boat Show in the City that day. I got the bus with Nikki, Izzy, Gill, Isaac & Becky, Jo and Fay.
The bridesmaids dresses were a lovely dark teal colour and they were the first thing we saw on going in, because the 2 Rachels (Brooks and Cook) were there.

Got chatting to lots of familiar faces whilst were waiting for Emma's entrance: Mandy, Lizzie and Kathryn & Roly. The ceremony was pretty awesome, with a really good selection of songs etc and great involvement of people important to James and Emma, like his dad and all 3 ministers from ABC.
Afterwards we went to Watt Park for the photos (which were taken by Roger Eldridge). Then those who were invited went to the proper Reception, whilst a group of about 10 of us headed off to get something to eat elsewhere.
Me, Lizzie, Lois, Fay, Jo, Issac, Becky, Tom, Kathryn, Roland walked to Pizza Express and then indulged in pizza and desserts! Lizzie and I shared a really beautiful and yummy tiramisu which made my day!!

We were there for a few hours and so it was time to head over to the Reception/evening activity by that point. It was held at the Southampton Park Hotel and there was a live jazz band who did more sedate and then more active numbers in turn. There was a fair bit of dancing and messing around (mostly by James and his groomsmen!) It rapped up at 11pm and I was lucky enough to get a lift home from Kathryn in her new teachers' car.

I had to pack up all my stuff before falling in to bed and then headed home in the morning. Just as I'd been to work the day before Momentum started, I went to work the day after I got home.

Then - shocking - it was September and I have no idea where all of the time has gone! All of the PGCEers are installed in placements or back at Uni and Argos will soon be taking on their Christmas staff...

This weekend sees me jetting off to Surrey for Sarah's party and to Suffolk the weekend after! Tis all jolly.

No comments: