Monday 21 December 2009

2009 in the blink of an eye

Well, faithful blogites, it is almost 2010 - a new year and a new decade! But what has 2009 done to earn its place in the forefront of my memory? Let's take a little look...

0 I turned 21! That is a definate milestone and the last real age-related one until I turn 30, which is not in 8 years time!

0 I interviewed for Disney for a second time and got WaitListed for a second time. A lot of very quality people who I've met flew out to Florida to work. I have lived a Disney dream through them.

0 I went to Paris. I spent a lovely weekend there with my coursemates in the beautiful March weather. I had a great time and I learnt some great things about myself such as I can manage alone in France, speaking French and navigating. I love Paris as a city - it has so much to offer and I never grow tired of seeing it.

0 I wrote my dissertation. 10,000 words of academia that I just fell in love with as I wrote it. I fell in love with it again when it was printed out - the photos all glossy. I fell in love 100 times over when it was bound. Gosh it was a marvel!

0 I finished 3 years of university, some of the best years of my life, and graduated. Graduation was almost enough to make me want to do postgrad study - but not quite!!

0 Did kids work at Keswick, really got in to invigilation and helping at Cantell and in one marathon session, managed a GSMA session (totally illegally) with just one other person and a bunch of older kids I don't usually work with!

0 Sarah came out of hospital in July. It's really good that she's out and full of joie de vivre as well as plans for the future. She deserves every success.

0 I've been working at Argos a lot, I also claimed Job Seekers allowance a lot (not at the same time though, as that would be illegal). They were both good experiences for me and broadened my horizons.

0 I decided in good time, what I wanted to do for my 22nd birthday, and organised it. See my previous entry for full details. I'm also getting really cool pressies - a red DS for Christmas and (I hope!!) and iPod for my birthday. When you get to my (grand old) age, you don't really want much else.

@-@-@-@-@-@-@-@-@-@-@-@-@-@-@-@-@-@-@-@-@-

So 2009 has been a very nice year to be a part of, with great experiences and great people to share it with. I'm full of a curious sense of expectation for this new year, new decade that is approaching and feel it could be an important one.

So Happy New Year everybody, have a good one! Merry Christmas too, just remember the true meaning of the celebration. Yes, Christmas is a time to do good deeds, to be with family, to celebrate, give, recieve and the like. But its only cos of what God did over 2000 years ago that we have life, and life to the full anyway. Jesus is the reason for the season, let's not forget that very first Christmas day!

No comments: