Tuesday 1 December 2009

Birthday Plans

Well I'm very excited about this and so it warrants a special blog entry for the occasion!

I thought quite a bit about what I wanted to do and finally landed on the idea of a weekend in London as a treat to myself.

So... the plan is to take the train to London on Friday and do a little bit of shopping. Oxford Street, Friday afternoon, shopping. It beats Saturday or Sunday on Oxford or Regents Street in the midst of *the sales*!

Saturday is active day! I'm assuming at this point that Tom and Sarah will be joining me and we'll do some touristy things: museums or attractions etc. Shakeaway will have to be visited if I have anything to do with it! Harrods... Hamleys... etc.
But the piece de resistance will come with the evening's entertainment! Dinner out and then front row seats, in the circle, at We Will Rock You! Which has to be my favourite musical of all time.
Sunday, being the day of rest that it is, will be the day I travel home. Before that though, I'd like to church it up if I can. I'll have to take the day off of work of course, but since I'm working on my actual birthday day, it kind of evens out I guess.

3 comments:

Ulysses Gray said...

I would check with Sarah about church if you're staying with her Saturday night. As far as I know the Osborn's tend to go to evening services.
Unless it's Friday night round Sarah's and then both of you Saturday night round mine. My church definitely meets in the morning, but I don't know how much more complicated that would make your journey. Something to mull over, perhaps.

Turns out I don't have any of those 3 days off naturally, but I can easily book any of them off. How much of the weekend were you hoping to have to yourself? Because I don't have to book Friday off if you'd rather shop on your tod.

Vicki said...

Well, you needn't take Friday off if you can work and then be in Central London by 5.30pm! Otherwise, it could be a problem!
Umm, I wouldn't've thought either of you would want to traipse around Oxford St with me, but you can if you want. I'd need to be at Sarah's by early afternoon to change and then get back out...
Saturday would be a good day for you to take off if you have to choose one cos then we can all spend the day out together, not sure what we'll be doing, but I have TGI vouchers!
Lemme know...

Ulysses Gray said...

I see, you confused me by saying here that theatre was on the Saturday but on FB you said it was Friday. It's definitely on Friday though, because you said that before you made this post.

I don't know when I finish work the Friday, and won't until about a week beforehand, so it'll probably be safer to just book it off. We'll see how it goes.