Tuesday 25 May 2010

Here I am to blog!

Hello sun worshippers, how are you this fine Toooosday? I'm sitting on my back step (so I can hardly see the screen) soaking up the harmful UV rays from the atmosphere and blogging for your general information/amusement.

So I'm quite happy at the mo, I've got a nice tan, Sarah, Tom and I planning to potentially go away on holiday in early September, I'm going to be invigilating at Helenswood this summer (earning the money required for such things as holidays) and I'm working Sundays at Argos, much to the delight of the Sunday-shopping British public. It seems that a few people are moving onwards and upwards from Argos at the mo...Cat is taking leave to try out a new job, so she may be leaving us and Rachael (so I hear on the Argos grapevine) also may have a new job... Sounds cool to me.

Mum and I started this new training course yesterday, so we'll be working towards an ITQ, which maybe is something similar to an NVQ in ICT, who knows? May as well if the JobCentre are paying for it!!

In other news, I head off to Soton next weekend for Izzie and Chris' wedding at ABC, I did their pressie a while ago, but must remember the card etc. I also have no handbag or shoes to wear with the dress :-( which needs to be sorted out before I go! I am much looking forward to that indeed.

Last night we had our first BBQ of the year which was nice and continuing in that sort of summer theme, later this week Mum and I are going to drinks hosted by the Chairman of the local Conservative Association at his house, to celebrate the election of Amber Rudd, Hastings' first Conservative MP for 13 years!!! We also went to the annual Mayor making last week, which was a good event to go to but sadly was blighted by the fact that the new Mayor, her deputy and the leaders of the council are now all Labour :-(

I don't think there's a lot else to report of great interest at this current time, but there'll; be things to update you on after they've happened.
Right I'm off to research things and places for our little holiday. Whoop whoop, fun in the sun!

Until next time, take care in the sun!
**********************
UPDATE 26th May 9.40am

There is no more sun... :-(

No comments: