Wednesday 23 June 2010

June-atron!

Hello again, cyber friends!

This blog is for all of the other cool stuff that has happened or will happen in June, apart from Chris and Izzie's Wedding, which has a separate blog entry! Ok, so what has happened??

- Work!
So, beginning on June 7th, so the day after I got back from Soton, I began invigilating again. Not at Cantel, but at a school near to me in sunny Hastings called Helenswood. The first week was at the Lower School (Yrs 7-9) for their end of year tests - it was also a good way to integrate new and old team members etc. Now the GCSEs and A Levels have been in full swing and are actually beginning to wind down a little, but I've done some big and little exams, invigilated solo(!) (with 3 extra timers) and dealt with a girl who had to come out all together due to being sick!

In other work, I've been Argosing it. That's much the same as ever really. We have a sweep stake for the World Cup going on, and guess which team I picked out?? Ivory Coast! But anything can happen, as you'll see from my next point.....

- World Cup!
As anyone who hasn't been living in a cupboard for the past 10 days or so will know, England managed 2 draws (USA 1-1 and Algeria 0-0) so far. Now nothing but a win will do over Slovenia this afternoon (eeek!) but I will be in an exam, so don't tell me what happens! In other news, France is out (I think) and so is South Africa - the first host nation not to advance from the group stages. So we'll see, today is the decider for England. . . .

- Home Improvements
Well these have - albeit slower than the average snail - finally begun. On the flat-pack front, I now also have my wardrobe, just the bed and floating shelves to go! We're having to sort out the garage, shed, loft, spare room etc. This could be a long job.

- Holiday Plans :-)
So YEAH! Sarah, Tom and I have booked our (certain to be) epic trip to Dubrovnik for 14th-21st September. We're staying at Hotel Petka which is a stone's throw from the cruise ship port! We're looking forward to seeing and experiencing all that Croatia has to offer and spending some good times together too! Our flight leaves Gatwick at 5.55am, so we'll be up way before dawn for that, and we fly back to Stanstead - both with EasyJet.
The 'rents and I did a bootsale the other weekend and I made a good amount of money for the holiday fund. The £10 note I found on the floor in Sainsbury's also went in there! As I type, my Dubrovnik Guide Book (2010 ed) is on its way from Waterstone's. It only cost me £3.04 with Free Delivery and using my Waterstone's points, so bargain! Despite having resolved to save up for this trip, as I begin to think about it, a few things I want to buy have cropped up(!), so much for saving!!
There's this "WDW Memories" book I want for reading material, a silicone case and wall charger for my iPod, a new camera and a new roller holdall! Not much at all!

- Upcoming Events
Next weekend I go to London for the Keswick planning day, and by that time it'll only be a couple of weeks until actual Keswick! In the meantime, there's Argosing and invigilating to be done, all of which will help the Holiday and Home Improvement Funds!

- iTunes
So, Argos had this special offer that I couldn't resist. Buy 2 £15 iTunes vouchers for £20! With discount etc I got £30 worth of iTunes vouchers for £16! Now I have to decide what to spend it on... New tunes for all the travelling I'll be doing in the near future!

Right, so that's about it I think. I'll blog again as items of note occur, unlike Tom who never blogs at all!
Loveage!

2 comments:

Ulysses Gray said...

I am a private person. The world doesn't need to know about me :P

Holiday plans are exciting though.

Vicki said...

If you are a private person, about whom the world need know nothing, why do you have a blog and a facebook profile that is regularly updated?
Tsk tsk.
I hope our holiday is blog-worthy!!