Tuesday 5 February 2013

2.2 pounds of jam weigh about a kilogram!

I've been really lax at blogging and life in general over the last little while, especially since I'm on a break from working at the mo!
So I decided to take my life in hand & start eating healthily & I joined the gym!

I started off by going to a "Legs, Bums & Tums" class with some of the girls from work once a week. Then I wanted to go more often & continue witht the class, so now all 3 of us are members. Currently, its LBT on Tuesdays & I'm thinking gym on Fridays; but that will need a rethink once I'm back at work as Friday is like, our busiest day!

So the good news is that I'm weighing myself & the results of my first weigh in are that I've lost half a kilo or 1 pound...ish. So I'm happy with that as a very good starting point for this new way of life.
I'm just now in the last couple of days, beginning to get food cravings, but now I've been to the gym, on the machines and seen just how much work you have to do to burn one measly calorie! That was a shocker, but I'm pleased that my kiloage went down & not up!

Out have gone most of the cakes, sweets, biscuits etc & I'm on a lighter diet. I actually enjoyed my veggies tonight!

:-D

So as I said, I'm on a break from work at the moment, so I've got a whole different pace of life going right now. I spent 3 days visiting Southampton & the wonder that is Miss Ruthie Gill. It was a really lovely time together; mostly spent shopping & chatting, watching DVDs & eating Percy Pigs!
Very soon I'm off to see Sarah & Tom, which is not only very exciting in itself, but extra excitement is certain as we are planning our holidays!!
The holiday is booked: a week in Italy, split between the Home of Pizza: Napoli & the Eternal City: Roma! I'm pretty excited to see the sights of central Italy, as I've been to Sicily & skiing near Turin but never seen any of the bits in the middle!
Maybe I shouldn't be excited about going back to work in March, but I am! I miss the people, the place, the buzz & busyness -not to mention the money :)
At some point in February, Darren & I are also taking a road trip across to Wilts & Dorset to go see his parents for the weekend. He is astonished that I've never really been to Dorset, so he's setting out to restore that great imbalance in the world(!) It should be a lot of fun & a good time!

That's about it for now....  Not sure when I'll be back: watch this space!

No comments: