Saturday 23 February 2013

A period of seven successive days

Otherwise referred to as a week.

Yes, that's right! A week is all we have until we jet off to foreign shores!

Who? What? Where?

Well the who is crucial: my dear pals Sarah & Tom and of course, me!
What? We're off on a week long holiday, divided between 2 cities :)
Where? Bella Italia (not the restaurant - the beautiful country!)
So yep, a week until Italy. I'm in a state of mildly catatonic panic over what to pack.

*pause for 2 minutes as I consult worldweatheronline.com's 14 day forecast*

So it looks like the weather will be acceptable in Naples with a sunny & actually quite warm day when we're at Pompeii. The forecast for Rome however can be summarised by that four-lettered little word that the average Brit sees much too much of...yes, you guessed, its meant tto rain for the whole week :-O
I'm currently thinking layers are the answer & a backpack to take out each day to cover all the possibilities: hot, cold, windy, raining, snow, overcast... The average daytime temperature for Rome whilst we're there is actually around 14C, so not bad! Maybe I'll pack my waterproof as well...

Aside from all that; the itinerary is planned, the tour of the Vatican booked, the train tickets are booked for the Naples>Rome journey, I found my passport after a wee panic (honestly, what kind of person puts their passport away in their scrapbook!!), my monopoly money is all ready & its just the finer details to perfect (ie what to pack!)

Basically it will be a lot of fun! We went to Croatia - specifically Dubrovnik - in Sept 2010 and it was like the best ever friends holiday! Such a beautiful place, with great experiences:
The day trip to Bosnia
The rainstorm
Following random walking tours in my guidebook
The museums, the food, the daily ice creams, the boat trip, the swimming...

So basically I love holidays, I can't wait for this one and its the first big trip of 2013!!
Also I get home on the 9th March and start work for the year on the 11th, so nice to coming from a place of rest for that. Needless to say I will be keeping an eagle eye on worldweatheronline.com over the next few days to see if the pesky forecast changes.

Ciao!

No comments: