Saturday 9 August 2008

The Waiting Game

It's kind of a bit like grrr, then abit yay, sometimes I'm unsure and other times calm and collected! Basically, I'm all over the place. So there you have it; that's what The Waiting Game does to you. Phew!

It's now 8 days since my phone interview and 11 days until Momentum rolls around. The significance of Momentum is that I'm pretty sure the e-mail with the all important yes or no should arrive during the 6 days I'm down there.

The question is, do I deliberately make an effort to check my e-mails while I'm away and face the possibility of bad news ruining my holiday, or do I play an even bigger version of the waiting game? If I do that, I could have a double low if its bad news......

Ok, my decision is (at the moment anyway!) to wait to find out until I get home. That way if it is bad news, I'll only take it out on my parents and not the whole group of 60 going to Momentum.

What makes it worse is;
1. Some other countries such as Norway, don't have so many applicants, so they're almost guaranteed to get the job when they apply.

2. Spending loads of time on the Forums (wdwip.com) means that these girlies have become my friends and I hate to think we're competing against each other, but I guess that's the sad truth of it.

3. I heard someone say that they like to make it as representative as possible in the UK Pavillion. Does that mean you have more chance of getting the job if you come from N. Ireland (because there might be less applicants?)?

But the good thing about the fact that we're all in this together is that we're getting to know each other now, being friends on Facebook, so we know each other by real name, not just forum name and have some idea of where some people come from etc!

The good news for me, at the moment, is that I have things to keep me busy; sorting my room out, going to work and preparing for Momentum etc.

I do keep coming back to the financial and logistical side of things though.... At this moment in time, I have £235 in the account set aside for Disney, with another £130 or so soon to be added (I hope!). Plus my wages from June need to be paid in yet - and I reckon that will be at least £200! Yay for wages!

Mustn't get too excited though :-( I still have £300 rent per month etc etc ad infinitum to pay out..... It seemed a huge figure, but now I've started to save, I seem closer than I'd dared to hope, to actually getting there one day!
Although I must remember that my Mum had to bale me out of financial ruin again last month! Maybe finances aren't quite as rosy as I'd like them to be.... Que sera sera.

Thought for the Day: it's another one from Walt:
When you believe in a thing, believe in it all the way, implicitly and unquestionably.

That's all for now folks! Next time I post, it will hopefully be with good news ON AN F2F!!!!!! That would brighten up my rather rainy August lol

No comments: