Friday 1 August 2008

The Phone Interview!!!

I'm now amongst the cool, calm and collected people who have had their phone interview with Yummy Jobs for the Disney Cultural Representative Program and lived to tell the tale!!!

Let's start at the beginning:

I sent off my CV and cover letter to Yummy on the morning of the 2nd July, I received a confirmation e-mail saying that we would hear if we had a phone interview in 3 weeks time.

So, the waiting began.... About a week ago I finally got an e-mail and arranged an interview time with Michele.

In the meantime, I'd been scouring the forums for posts of what to expect in the interview and had found a lot of sample questions. I spent ages preparing and perfecting answers to questions like:
Why do you want to work for Disney?
What has your work experience been so far?
How would you deal with an unhappy Guest?
How will you cope with the heat?
How will you find living with lots of different people from around the world?

They all came up in the interview which, I am not going to dissect, because it will just drive me crazy! I think it went well; I could have said more on certain things :-/ but it could have gone worse, I've decided that the fact I was on the phone for 20 mins instead of 10 is a good sign. Ok, it's a GOOD sign!

To be honest, looking back, it was kind of like a conversation, but I guess I - like everyone - was too nervous to do anything except reel off the answers! The lady who interviewed me, Hannah, had done the CRP before and so was really enthusiastic about it and we chatted a little bit.

Now we have another 3 week wait to find out if we have a face to face (f2f) interview with actual Disney recruiters in London in September. The only weird thing is, is that if I go to an f2f, then I still have a year to wait before I go.... I'm not sure why they do it so far in advance. On the other hand, if I get in early and get my place, the I can be all chilled out and have something to look forward to during the rigours of third year!

The thought for the day is a good one: If you can dream it, you can do it Walt himself said that - I guess I now need to apply it to getting a good grade in my degree, not just getting to work at WDW.
I don't want to seem cocky, but I can't see any reason why I shouldn't get through to an f2f, but it's like I said on the forums; let's hope they need a lot of people or some of us could end up out of luck.....

No comments: