Wednesday 7 January 2009

Crunch Time

Ok, so I should be writing an essay and I promise I will get back to it after I've updated y'all.

So last night I sent an e-mail to Michele at Yummy Jobs, I won't paste it here, but the gist of it was;

Can I take myself off of the Waiting List and submit a new application NOW (they review the new applications from the 15th)? I asked her if she thought there was any chance of me getting the call in the next two weeks and if not would I be able to apply again now as opposed to waiting until the summer...

Because I am so ready to apply again, right now, it wouldn't be a problem for me at all and all of my preparation is already done. I could work through the summer, be able to go to Momentum hopefully and leave for Disney in September or whenever they want me...

She hasn't replied as of 2.30pm GMT and I keep checking my e-mails every hour or so, which I just realised is almost as bad as I was when we were waiting to hear the outcome of the f2fs!!!

My reasoning is that if I apply and get accepted properly (ie get a position and start date) this time, I'll still only start a couple of months after the friends who I met at the interview and still get to spend most of the year with them... Which would actually be amazing!

So that's why this post is called 'Crunch Time' because its got to the point where I've done my waiting and don't think anything else is going to happen to the Wait List, so I'm thinking its time to cut my loses and see if I can apply again. Let's face it, I was always going to have more of a chance of getting in applying now, than then, because of my availability...

I'll keep you posted!

*UPDATE, 9th Jan 09*

I've been e-mailing back and forth to Michele (she is sooo lovely and helpful) about my rather unique position.

She confirmed that all I need to do is to e-mail her, basically say the word, and she'll change my status on the YJ website to 'New Applicant' so I can start all over again if I want to.
She did warn me that there are less places available this time around, so there is that consideration...
Michele also said I could stay on the List a couple of weeks longer, if I wanted to...

Decisions, DECISIONS, DECISIONS!

ARGHHHHH

Ok, so this is the deal: I'm staying on the Waiting List for two more weeks and then I need to e-mail Michele to remind her to change my status to 'New Applicant' on the YJ website!
Looks like I get the best of both worlds!!!

So I will leave you with the immortal words of Hannah Montana;

"Don't let no small frustration,
Ever bring you down,
Just take a situation,
And turn it all around,

With a new attitude everything can change,
Make it how you want it to be,
Staying mad, why do that, Give yourself a break,
Laugh about it and you'll see!

Life's what you make it,
So let's make it rock!"

No comments: