Thursday 1 January 2009

Happy New Year 2009! Happy 21st to me!!

Welcome to 2009 everyone! Hope its a good one for you especially if, unlike me, you're heading out to work at WDW at some point.

My Disney experience is almost at an end now, Yummy start reviewing new applications from the UK in the middle of January and then the Waiting List will cease to exist in February :''''(
A lot of people who were on the List got off of it and so my message to anyone is that if you end up on it, IT IS NOT THE END OF THE WORLD! My problem was that I wasn't available until the end of July (due to graduation) and wanted to do Merch.

IF I apply again, I'll be more available, but will still choose Merch.

The good thing is that I haven't given up hope yet, despite how it sounds above. The chances of me getting a place have been getting smaller and smaller since November, but I haven't given up yet... Let's put it this way, if Louisa can apply and only get in the third time she applied, with her amazing Disneyness, then there's hope for the rest of us!

Did you have a good Christmas? Christmas was pretty awesome for me; got a few cool items such as Camp Rock and Prince Caspian DVDs and some very much needed cash! Haven't opened my presents today yet, so I wonder what's in store for me there! Hope it was Magical for you all too!

In other sadder news, the inevitable return to Uni draws near. It is in fact only 3 days away now :-/ I have less than a month to hear from Disney via Yummy if they're going to offer me a job...
I've been thinking so much about this because, when I graduate - in seven months - I am going to need a job sharpish. Thankfully I have a job at Argos to come home to, which if nothing else will give me £50 a week. Yay.

I should be getting two lots of wages on the 17th Jan and my Student Loan before that so that makes me happy on the money front. In other exciting news, I bought something from E-Bay for my friend's Christmas present, gave it a bad feedback as it wasn't described well, and got sent a £10 E-bay voucher! So when New Year is over and people start listing things again, I'm going to treat myself to an expensive pin!!!!!!!

Christmas Day working at Disney sounds a little bit weird but I know I'd love to experience it anyway. For an awesome blog (with an account of working at Christmas etc) by a UK FnBer, read one called 'Faith, Trust and Pixie Dust' by Tori - its really, really gooooood!
When she goes, Louisa's Blog is going to great tooooo and you can find it here
http://www.freewebs.com/disneygibbs . It's got her blog from the year she spent on the College Program too, so its a good read indeed! I can't believe that she leaves in just over a month on the 3rd Feb.

In my last blog I told you how I'd jokingly said that I would spend my saved money on going out to Florida to visit my friends if I didn't get on the program. I'm still considering it, but the problem is that in 6 months time, I'll most likely be back living under the parental thumb and that kind of frivolous spending / independant travel will be out of the question, methinks.

What else can I tell thee? Hmmm I wonder....
I REALLY, REALLY WANT TO GO TO DISNEY!!!!
What else can I tell you that you didn't already know???? Nothing really.
I will of course let you know if I hear anything from Disney either way. I can't believe all of my excitement, planning, blogging, scrap booking, day dreaming etc was for nothing
...

I'll leave you with a thought, but what to say?
In order; Magic Kingdom, Disneyland California, Tokyo Disneyland, Tokyo Disneysea, Disneyland Paris, Epcot, Hollywood Studios and Animal Kingdom are the top 8 most visited theme parks in the world as of 2007.
Walt Disney actually had the best idea ever and people dedicated to his legacy have been making magic for families ever since. There is no one else I would rather work for. If you've never been, go. If you want to work there, apply. If finances or failure or lack of Faith, Trust and Pixie Dust get in your way, then try again.

I know I will.

1 comment:

Ulysses Gray said...

Round of applause for trying so hard, it's a shame you didn't get in, I know you were really looking forward to it. You've got your whole life to try again though, so don't give up hope!