Friday 17 April 2009

Everyone hates waiting....

Sooooo on the 9th April, I received this familiar looking e-mail:

Hi Victoria (Vicki)

Many thanks for attending the recent interviews for the Walt Disney World International Programs!

Disney would like to thank you for the time and effort you put into your application and very much enjoyed meeting you and spending time speaking with you.

As Roger mentioned in the presentation that there may not be immediate positions available but Disney would be delighted to offer you a position if one becomes available in the next six months, this can be anytime up to February 2010.

At the moment we do not have any specific dates and in the meantime, we would like to take this opportunity to thank you for all your efforts so far.

I am attaching the link so that you can take another look at the presentation to enable you to understand the program a little better and also ask you to visit the website

www.disneyinternationalprograms.com

Cultural Representative - Epcot®
http://disneyinternationalepresentation.com/culturalrep

Look forward to speaking to you soon

Kindest regards

Michele

and took up my old place on the Waiting List!

I suppose having been there once before, it was kind of like I knew that I would have to wait ages to hear when the others got their calls and then ages beyond that for the Wait List to start moving, so I just put it to the back of my mind and got on with essay and dissertation work.

Speculation regarding exactly when the others would hear from Yummy was really abounding on wdwip, especially cos we had the Easter weekend in the middle. So we get to today EIGHT days after I received my e-mail and more people have got Wait Listed!! That must've messed up their heads quite substantially as even I was sure they were home and dry now!!!

Soooo, as 1pm GMT on the 17th April, no-one has a definate job offer YET. The Waiting List has just got larger... Needless to say we all have baited breath!! Will it be this afternoon, or tomorrow? Who knows!!

I, of course, have plenty to keep me busy; namely my essay and dissertation. Buuut the suspense is still killing me.

Everybody sent really lovely messages to me though, which made my day yesterday so Adam, Arron, Michelle M, Michelle P, Helen, Megan, Jim, Todd and anyone I missed thanks for the Pixie Dust!! Well I must be off, things to do and people to see. I will, naturally, be updating here with the news as it breaks, which I hope is soon!

Congratulations to Bee and Matt on their engagement which I found about 5 seconds ago!!

No comments: