Tuesday 28 April 2009

Gloom and doom :-(

As you may have guessed from the upbeat and optimistic title of this blog... I have nothing positive to write about AT ALL.

First of all, its raining! Why? Why would it rain in the last few days of April hmmm? Not neccessary at all. Plus, its making the house cold, me cold and means I have to wrap up to go out, my trainers got dirty, my jeans picked up all the rubbish from the pavement and that was all to go to a boring 2hr lecture to which half the class didn't turn up. Thankfully there are no lectures now til Thursday, when I have to get up early and give a presentation... It'll probably be raining again.

Secondly, about a week ago if that, I handed in a truly shocking piece of work that I have no hope of getting a decent mark on. Since I also have no hope of doing well in the exam at the end of the year, this module's pretty much gone up the creek without a paddle...
Which brings me swiftly and no less painfully on to my dissertation, from which I am currently procrastinating. Whilst glaring out of the window at the rain. I have written a decent amount of words, but I'm pretty sure they're not even mediocre, so 0/10 on that score. Hmmm what else can I moan about?

Oh yes, we have the new tenant for next year coming round to sign the contract tonight. My housemates are staying and having two new people move in, which means the very, very, VERY sad day when I have to move out is approaching :-( Its approaching rather rapidly in fact: double :-(

Lastly and of course most obviously (due to the nature of this blog!) is the rather annoying fact that it doesn't look like I'm ever going to get to work for Disney at this rate. I've given up trying to compare this interview with my last one, because it all seems to be happening differently and seems a bit more chaotic than October.
I mean what with the gap of 9 days between some and then others being Wait Listed and then Jim getting an acceptance letter that wasn't meant for him (a way cruel mistake if you ask me!), it just seems a little messy.
The only hope on the horizon is that no one has been given January or February positions yet that I know of, so you never know... maybe... But probably not, knowing my luck.

Grrrr is all I really have to say, cos nothing seems to be going right at the mo! I mean is it too much to ask that Disney decide that if I was good enough to get through to the Waiting List TWICE that they actually give me a job?? Don't get me wrong, that is in no way to detract from the achievements of those who did get in, many of whom I've been lucky enough to meet. Buuuuuuuuttttttt I'm envious and I feel like having a rant. So there it was.

Hmmmm. Do I feel any better for my rant? No, is the simple answer. No because of [enter the contents of this blog here], is the long answer. The only comfort, and believe me, its cold comfort, is that if I don't get on with my dissertation, then I will well and truly mess up my degree and will have wasted the last three years of my life here in rainy but lovely Southampton.

I've been Wait Listed now for a total of NINETEEN days and the others have been for eleven days, so not as long for them, but over a week less than me. Hmph, I wish I'd hear soon (and other people too)!

Well I doubt, after all of that, there is anything to rant about, so I think I'll leave it there. I'm aware I sound like a whiney little child, but I feel like being one. This is just an outlet of how I feel and not meant to have a go at, detract from or in any way be jealous of anyone else.
I am, for example, VERY excited that Michelle and the other June 9th peeps get to go to London for their visa soon - they'll be at the month mark before they know it! :-D

On one brighter note, I have been paid today. Not that its much money at all, but it is there and it helps, so I might allow myself a little 'yay' over that.

Well that's it from La La Limbo Land for now. More news when either I hear from Disney or I decide to emigrate.
Ciao!

2 comments:

Ulysses Gray said...

Now who's got the emo blog? :P
You still got me dearie, don't be downhearted (although pretty much everything apart from the whole Disney thing is the same for me.) Tell you what, I'll make an effort to be cheery if you do :):):)

Ruth said...

Cheeeer up Vicki! shopping on Thursday! wooop woop