Monday 20 December 2010

Don't you just hate sad songs?

So yeah, I was (and still am meant to be) tidying up the living room in preparation for Christmas and decided that I would put a CD on to cheer me on my way...
Sound good so far?
Wrong.
I chose David Gray, and that got me thinking...

So of course I couldn't rest until I'd found and listened to James Blunt's "Goodbye My Lover", then I moved on to Bon Jovi's "Always".
Neither of these are songs I would neccessarily listen to on an average day, that's because they have deep and intensely personal meanings to me and certain other people and no-one wants to be reminded of that on a daily basis!

So with 5 days to Christmas Day, I'm listening to sad songs. Might listen to "Chasing Cars" by Snow Patrol now, just to complete the full set...

For those of you thinking "why", well its cos I couldn't find the Christmas compilation that I had to put a different CD on, and that just happened to be David Gray, which just happened to remind me of James Blunt and it went on from there.
Oh well.

Which happy song should I listen to to counteract all of this?? Darn. I'm too depressed now to think of happy songs...
I'll get back to you on that one.

LATER

I've found the song!! Its called "Affirmation" by Savage Garden. Its the kind of song that you can boogie around the room whilst singing along and dusting down the ornaments in preparation for decorating!

We've got the Christmas chocolates out in their special festive bowl (a mixture of Roses, Celebrations and Terry's Chocolate Orange Segsations) and now we're just about ready to start on the tree!!

No comments: