Thursday 9 December 2010

A Very Busy Christmassy Week

16 DAYS TIL CHIRSTMAS

23 DAY TIL MY 23rd

Whoop whoop!!


All in all it has been a very busy week, what with one thing and another - and another and another! Let me start at the beginning...

Monday was a lazy day where we did nothing, so I'll just ignore that.

Tuesday I had the dreaded dentist in the morning!! Once a year is way, way enough to be going. Unfortunately I have to go back next week and have a liitle hole filled in. So I didn't get away that lightly :-(
In the afternoon I was invigilating and it was very, very cold in the hall for the hour and a half RE exam that I had to endure.

Wednesday I had Argos work and I ws running around like a mentalist trying to get out of the door in time to get my bus. I was meant to have half an hour for shopping, but the bus got delayed by a break down truck that blocked the road for ages. Tsk tsk.
Although my shift finished at 5.30, I stayed on at work to get a lift to the Argos Christmas Party which was at the White Hart - 3 course meal for £5!! There were 28 of us, including 3 who've moved onwards and upwards to new things since their Argos days.

Thursday (today) Mum had a hospital appointment at 10.25 - thus we didn't get out of the hospital until gone midday!
We popped home, had a quick whizz around doing the bits and pieces we needed to and then headed off to town. It was the RBL Women's Section Christmas Party and we had lots of Christmas cards and party food to take. There was lots of food, crackers, merriment and giving of cards. So all in all that was a pleasent afternoon!
We had some errands to run in town, so that came next and we were late getting home so KFC came to the rescue for dinner!

Friday is to be Christmas decorating day.
I'm invigilating between 8.30 and 3.30, so when I get home, Mum should have cleared up the living room and Dad should've gor the decs down from the loft. Then we can have much fun putting them up!!
Roll on the weekend...

Saturday and Sunday are both Argos days pretty much so the weekend will pass in the blink of an eye and the blur of the till queue.

Then that brings us around to next week and, by then, only 11 days til Christmas and 18 til my b'day!

Apart from work, the highlight of that week is the Age UK Christmas Party on Wednesday at St Clements Restaurant in Mercatoria and, even better, we get a 2 course Christmassy meal for free!

Got plenty more work lined up over that week too, so no rest for me. No more exams until after the New Year though, so invigilation will be on hold until then.
Argos will be stepping up their efforts though and in Christmas week I've got such desirable shifts as 12pm-8pm on Wed 22nd. Don't you wish you worked at Argos???

So happy times for all! Well I'm happy anyway, got all the Christmas shopping done, just waiting for one more item to arrive in the post and then I'll be happy.

Hope your countdown to Christmas is a happy one too!

No comments: