Sunday 30 January 2011

Pah to Argos and other news of note

So yeah, since I teased you all on Facebook, I thought I'd better tell you all what's going on!

1. The Placement

This is the Community Task Force thing that I mentioned in my last blog. From now on, I'll be referring to it as just "placement" or so as not to confuse people who might think I'm still at Uni, I'll call it "work".

I knew straight away I wanted an admin placement, because countless job vacancies I've looked at and though I might go for, ask for experience. So then I'll have it...
Each week we have to do a day's worth of jobsearch, so that's what I'll be doing each Monday too. Hopefully then, I'll be able to find a job(?)
So far I've done filing, spreadsheets, petty cash payouts, answering the phone & taking messages, shredding etc. I'll probably get to do more as time goes on!

I'm still a little bit wary but I guess I'll settle in as time goes on! I'll be applying for jobs tomorrow, so watch this space...

Which is just as well really, because Argos has just announced that they're cancelling our time and a half pay for Sundays. Bad idea to tell us that when on that self same day we have to do our Speak Out Survey. I may have made a few choice comments.

2. Fun Stuff and Summer Plans

So I was moping around Facebook a few days ago, thinking how I was going to miss out again this summer on Momentum because of having no-one to go with.
I was on the Momentum facebook page and I saw a post from a girl who was going alone and for the first time. So I posted after her saying I wanted to go and would be alone too and did she want any company...
So she replied and said yes and so we messaged back and forth and she's really nice and so I booked to camp with her and I'm going we're going to Momentum!

I haven't applied to be on Team for Week C yet at Soul Survivor, but I still feel really strongly about it so I haven't ruled it out yet!

It's also less than 6 weeks until I see Ruth in London for the Keswick Prayer day! I booked my Sundays off of work today for the above events, so that was all good too!

3. Disney news

The Waiting List has actually moved - 2 people at least have got places, so I'm hopeful for all of the others, especially Megan. We have a month now until applications for this round of interviews close, so all the waiting is beginning to get to some people. I'm used to it by now, but it doesn't get any easier!

Ummmm, what else is there to say? Nowt, I believe.

OH YES! How could I forget? Tom has a flat, Tom has a flat! He's moving in to his own little place. This came as a complete suprise to me, because he thought he'd told me, but he actually hadn't! Men.
He moves on February 5th, so not long now! Good luck and have fun Tom. I await my invite to a totally happening house-warming partay!

February soon! Hooray for Pancake Day, boo for Valentine's Day!
Bye!

1 comment:

Ulysses Gray said...

Yes I do :) I'll do a post with pictures of it soon.
Glad things are working out at the Job Centre, even if Argos are being numpties.