Friday 14 January 2011

The times they are a-changing...

So, hello everyone. This blog is mostly cos lots of things are happening and are either up-in-the-air or a bit weird. Also, its an update.

1. JobCentre related stuff.

I'm back at the JobCentre now and cos I've been signing on for suuuuch a long time I have to do a mandatory community taskforce placement. Oh yes. A mandatory placement! On the 25th at 10am, I will find out what this placement will be and where... *bites nails nervously*

2. Job-hunting and plans for the immediate future

I am job-hunting of course. Lack of experience (for example for admin/office jobs) and lack of transport are the main problems for me right now.

In other plans, I really feel called to serve on the Kids Team at Soul Survivor Week C and then to stay on to Momentum the following week.
The main issue here is that I'm scared to go on team on my own and I have no-one to go to Momentum with...

3. Disney related stuff

So applications opened on January 5th and were due to close around the end of that month for what Yummy Jobs (the Disney recruiters) said were positions starting July-December 2011.
People on the WDWIP forums were confused because as far as we could see there was a large Wait List from the last interviews and no-one had been given a start date later than September 2011.
Then the Yummy website changed and displayed this information: "Applications are open from January 5th 2011 to February 28th 2011. We are currently accepting applications for positions primarily starting in the latter half of 2011 and early 2012. Applications will be reviewed in March 2011 and all applicants will be responded to by early April 2011". That was last night.
This evening I had an email in my inbox from Yummy Jobs which I assume was sent to everyone whose application had already been submitted:
Greetings and Happy Belated New Year!

Thank you kindly for your online application for Disney’s Cultural Representative Program.

Applications officially opened on January 5th 2011 and will close at midnight on February 28th 2011 – we’ve received an amazing (huge!) response already, so thank you for your interest!

We have received an update from Disney on their recruitment plans for this year and next and we wanted to let you know a timeline for when you will be receiving a response to your application.

Once applications have closed on February 28th 2011, just six weeks away (!), all applications will be reviewed throughout March 2011. You will receive an emailed response by approximately mid-April to let you know if you will be invited to the next stage of the application process or not. ALL applicants will be responded to so please check your junk mail in case any emails slip in there!

The Disney Recruiters may be looking for applicants to start the program throughout 2012. Of course, as always we may have positions starting earlier than 2012 which will be discussed with you individually if you are invited to the next stage of the application process. This is great news as they may be looking to fill positions over a longer period and not just a few months!

Applicants who are invited to the next stage of the application process will be given details at that time of the following stages and timelines, and any updates at that point.

Best of luck with your application and we look forward to contacting you in the coming months!

Kindest regards,

The Yummy Jobs Team


Soooo on one hand a lot of people were annoyed because (1) they have a life and may not want to start that late (2) they have a life and have given notice at jobs/need to submit university applications (3) this is quite a change from anything Disney/Yummy have done before.
On the other hand " this is great news as they may be looking to fill positions over a longer period and not just a few months!" to quote the aforementioned email!

In other more mundane - but nonetheless hilarious - news, my parents (especially my Dad) have become obsessed with the Wii ever since I bought myself Wii Play for my birthday 2 weeks ago. Its very funnny to watch (in a good way of course) and I'm glad to have finally got them in to it after all this time!

I'm doing some invigilating this month: one session down, two to go!

The new Spring- Summer Argos catalogue comes out in 8 days!! We have to attend a preview evening at work, so I'll know all of the secrets pretty soon! Until then I'll content myself with the Clearance sale!!

That's it really. I'll report back when I know more!

Love n chuzzles!

No comments: