Saturday 13 August 2011

Oh the wonders of the provision of the King in Control!!!

Hello my friends,

Well I just had another one of those a-bit-like Eureka moments where I was reminded of an amazing truth. That truth is that no matter how much you ignore, forget, deny or act as if your life is perfectly fine without Jesus in it; He never lets go of us. Never forgets, ignores or falls out with us.


I love the book of Romans right? I just do. Tonight I want to go back to one of the most significant parts of the book for me: chapter 8. It talks about the tension that pervades all of creation, the tension between the now and the not-yet of the new heavens and the new earth - within which there will be no more suffering, no pain, no mourning.
By verse 25 it has likened this to pregnancy. When a lady is pregnant she is waiting for a long time and there is joy in that waiting as expectancy about the new life grows. But occasionally that waiting drags at you, it tires you out.

 26-28Meanwhile, the moment we get tired in the waiting, God's Spirit is right alongside helping us along. If we don't know how or what to pray, it doesn't matter. He does our praying in and for us, making prayer out of our wordless sighs, our aching groans. He knows us far better than we know ourselves, knows our pregnant condition, and keeps us present before God. That's why we can be so sure that every detail in our lives of love for God is worked into something good.
 29-30God knew what he was doing from the very beginning. He decided from the outset to shape the lives of those who love him along the same lines as the life of his Son. The Son stands first in the line of humanity he restored. We see the original and intended shape of our lives there in him. After God made that decision of what his children should be like, he followed it up by calling people by name. After he called them by name, he set them on a solid basis with himself. And then, after getting them established, he stayed with them to the end, gloriously completing what he had begun.

Happy days!

Whatever and wherever, whenever and however; in each and every detail of our lives: Jesus is King in Control.
In our non-Christian work friends, in those dreams we just can't let go of, in a TV programme we watch by chance, in experiences we never want to go through again, because of a seemingly innocent conversation or meeting: in all of our everyday lives He is working them for good.

 Hebrews chapter 11 reminds us of the amazing past. The past faithfulness of Christians to God and He to them.
1 Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see.

To quote a very wise man: "The story from Genesis to Revelation is that we cannot do it - but we know a God who can" and that is so true. The thing that is crucial is that we remember; even in the darkest of times, when our hearts are far away, when our minds are clouded by sin and shame that His love, His mercy, His grace, His death on the cross goes further still.

I went from the possibility of losing my job, to the possibility of my job becoming permanent all in the course of one day today and through all of that I'm very grateful that God was in control. I'm excited about what plans He has for my life - despite all of the peaks and troughs, I'm sure that ALL things will go together for good in the lives of those who love and fear the Lord.

Right now I'm grateful to have a job, to have money in the bank, to have plans and dreams in my mind, to have people around me who encourage and support me and to know the one who is Lord and Saviour.

Travel is one of the main dreams in my head right now - of course, it has to come second to working - I really wan tto get out and see more of the world before I pass my mid-twenties altogether! There are so many places and experiences, many of which I'm sure I've already blogged about previously, that I'd like to do. Just the thrill of packing a bag and boarding a plane would be good enough fo rme!
Still in the meantime, I have Momentum in wonderful Shepton Mallet!

I have the lovely Charlotte to meet and have fun with for 5 days! Between then and now however, I have Argos tomorrow and then Beauport right up until I go!!

I'll leave this there for now then and bid you goodnight. I've been watching "I Am Legend" whilst blogging here. I do like that film, despite the stupendously scary bits in it. The next film I have to see is the Smurfs, man that should be amazing!

No comments: