Wednesday 31 August 2011

Standing, going and just carrying on

Hello there,

So its the 1st of September tomorrow and those lucky enough to have received a letter, will be heading off to King's Cross to board the Hogwarts Express! As for me, I have another day at work lined up!

I came back from Momentum a week ago and I am full to the brim of all of my experiences from there! I'll start with the highlights to jog my own memory too;

O Meeting Charlotte and having a whale of a time. We got on very well together, spent a great few days in each other's company and it was amazing to find someone who has some different tastes and ideas but at the same time is so very similar to me.

O God speaking to me despite all of my doubts and sceptisisms and Him equipping me for the task He set before me there. To feel significant, the feel as if you are important is crucial to human nature. One lesson I took from Momentum is that God is bringing about His kingdom all by Himself, but just like a parent who allows their children to help in order that they learn, God gets us in on His gameplan!

O Receiving words from Him for all of my work colleagues, the revelation that we will all spend time in desert places in our lives (and that He uses them for our good) and that my office is my desert place right now. Amazingly though He has placed me there for a reason! :-)

O Spending hours at a time relaxing in the paddock with God, worshipping Him and lifting up praise to the Lord unreservedly and without anything to distract from it.

O Seminars from really wise speakers about getting in to actually reading the bible, to relationships, to being a "Full-time Christian Worker" and just the awesomeness of God in general!

O Camping and the weather and just chill and being-away-from-home-and-work time! It was a joy to read my books, my bible, to chill out with a hot choccy, to lie in the sun and get weirdo tan lines, to get burnt and then have rain the next day, to trek through the mud in flip flops, to meet new people and see a few few familiar faces too!

I really want to go again next year too and am really hoping that Tom will be able to join me too, that'll be fun if he can. I did have a lil taste of what its lie to be alone at Momentumand I can do it, but it is NOWHERE near as fun!

Now I'm back at work - that place I felt God say I am called to - and back in to the thick of things. My poor manager Wendy has been off sick and some others have not been 100% either. We've also been flat to the boards with work and I've been battling feelings of uselessness etc. The guys are always so busy and there's always one more job that I'm asking them to do, the sales team bring in the money and I just do little bits and pieces all over the place.
But I try to be salt and light. God never said I had to succeed or to measure that success by human standards, just to stand firm in my faith, to go where He has told me to and to carry on when it all seems to be going pear-shaped!
I do love my job a lot though, so it has that going for it and there are a millionand one little things that I enjoy and relish and take pleasure in - not to mention the people I work with who are just a joy.

All the camping stuff went back up in the loft today. Next time we go up there will probs be to get the Christmas decs down! Gosh, first day of autumn tomorrow! Got flyers from Disneyland Paris about Halloween and Christmas and our entertainments posters at work now have New Year's Eve Party on them!

All my life is consumed by work right now, so its all :-) on the bank balance front, but all :-/ on the having a life and sorting my life out front! Today was triple payday, so that is a nice bright light on the horizon for me. I've got it in to my head that I want to go to Eastbourne for a day's shopping. Personally I blame Charlotte, she planted the idea of doing a big winter shop in one fell swoop in Primark in my mind.
Soul Survivor are starting their Bible in A Year again tomorrow and I really want to get on board, but the worst thing is trying to find the time in the day to do it!! I have to weigh it against my wanting and really feeling I ought to get in to God's Word A LOT more.


So there you have it, a brief summary of what's been occurring in my life in the last few days. Charlotte and I shall keep in touch, so that's all good. Ruth is just getting settled in her new house in Soton. Tom is considering his options for next year and Sarah is approaching her birthday in just over a week's time! We did want to go visit, but boring old me has to go to boring old work!!

Still, Ruth and I have had an idea to go away together next year and Sarah, Tom & I are always on the look out for holiday opportunities for the three muskateers! Need to spend my hard earned pennies on something don't I??

So that's it for this blog. Do comment if and when you read, so I know there is life out there! I'll be back again when interesting life breaks in to my workiverse! :-p


No comments: