Friday 6 February 2009

5mins and 26secs of my life....

MY PHONE INTERVIEW!!

Yep, it happened and now its over and done with. Here the details;

It was with a lady called Jenny, lasted 5mins and 26secs and invlolved the following questions...

0 What is your motivation for taking part in the Programme?
0 What is your work experience so far?
0 What would you tell Guests about your home town and its culture?
0 Have you ever lived away from home before?
0 How will you get on with a room mate from another culture?
0 What is your travel experience to this point?
0 On a scale of 1-10, how well would you say you got on with your work colleagues?

Difficult to see how we fitted that all in to 5mins!! But I think it went well, she sounded happy with all of my answers, so that was encouraging... I'd been quite concerned because I came down with a cold and was worried that I'd sound awful on the phone, but nope, all was well!

Now to wait. We were under the impression that it would be two weeks until we found out, she said FOUR weeks, but I think they said something similar last time and I knew in under two weeks! Watch this space.

In other news, I recieved some nice friendly marks for one of my course modules yesterday so I'm happy about that. I also booked Eurostar tickets for a weekend in Paris (got ripped off by Eurostar, but it was only by £10) and my coursemate Harriet and I got to choose our seats - next to each other obviously!

The rain is continuing to fall on Southampton, but when I looked out the window just now, its sleety, so that a step in the right direction.
Poor Louisa though, she was worried that her flight would be cancelled and then she got stuck on the motorway - all due to snow! That's by-the-by now though, cos she got to Orlando safe and well, has settled in and has Traditions tomorrow!! Chari and the others go to get their visas on Monday.

Methinks that is all I have to share with you. I'll leave you with this... Ciao x

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hr2HqL1Vy9I

No comments: