Wednesday 18 February 2009

The twelfth day...

Ok, so I said I wouldn't blog again until I'd heard back about an f2f, buuuut today is the twelfth day after my phone interview. That is significant because after the last phone interviews, we heard the results twelve days later and I was accordingly nervous about this day for that reason.

However, my inbox is empty and so I will take this opportunity to fill you in on other events of note:

Jess and Chari have now joined Louisa in Florida, they flew out yesterday for the year. They ought to have a pretty amazing time. Have a magical year ladies, glad you got there and moved in ok!! The next round of departures are scheduled for March 10th and have a more international flavour, with people from Norway, Italy, Germany and South Africa as well as the UK!

Valentine's Day has, of course, just come and gone this weekend. I spent most of the day serving tea and coffee, but what else could I expect since I don't have a Prince Charming to come and sweep me off of my feet! However, the evening was decidedly better. Tom obviously knows the way to this girl's heart, as he bought me a Valentine's Day pin!!!! It's Lady and the Tramp and LE1000. It's all sparkly and shiny and I love it! Here it is (thanks PinPics!):Monday was Unite at the Cube where the CU had the whole of the club on campus to ourselves, for an awesome night of partAying! I had less than five hours sleep and then had to get up at 7am to join a queue that already had 200 people in it, in order to be in with a chance to getting tickets to the Grad Ball. I have to say it does sound amazing - so it had better be worth £59 and the six hours we spent in line waiting to get to the Box Office.

Tonight Tom and I are going to the Soul Survivor Tour which will be at Central Hall! We've already had Andy Croft here for Events Week and then Mike Pilavachi came to our Unite meeting, so a bit more Soul Survivor will go down very well indeed!

Lastly, and very excitingly, I'm going on a little trip to Paris 14th-16th March!!! It's a course trip, so we're going to be visiting lots of memorials/monuments/museums but we'll also have lots of free time to shop and sight see etc. It's just before the Easter holidays, so that will be awesome indeed. We are staying at the Hotel Port Royal, but don't let the name fool you, its a 1* by French standards! Myself and Harriet have a double room...

That's all! Adieu, mes cheries!